DA Kentner is an award winning author who also enjoys meeting and interviewing authors of many genres.

As author KevaD, my novel "Whistle Pass" won the 2013 EPIC eBook Award for suspense. Previously, in 2012, it won a Rainbow Award in the historical category. "Whistle Pass" is currently out of print, though I'm considering finding a new publisher, or self-publishing the novel. What do you think?

"The Caretaker", a 3,000 word short story, won 'Calliope' magazine's 18th annual short story competition. Click the blue ribbon to view their site and entry rules for this year's short fiction competition.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Joel Bauer & Mark Levy


“How to Persuade People Who Don’t Want to Be Persuaded: Get What You Want – Every Time!” 

That’s the title of the book by Joel Bauer and Mark Levy, and it is exactly what the authors are teaching people and businesses to do. It is about human interaction and the art of persuasion, regardless of whether the interaction is business or life. 

Joel Bauer is a world prominent speaker and pitchman who has been seen on the major TV networks. His client list reads like a Who’s Who of business celebrities and corporations including Motorola, Disney, and IBM. His book isn’t the first in a series, nor does it suggest any further monetary investment by the consumer. As such, there isn’t any information inside “How to Persuade People” that cannot be implemented by the reader. “How to Persuade People” could easily be described as an educational tool designed for everyone. 

From the book’s description: “In this daring book, Joel Bauer teaches you how to persuade by making your messages entertaining. Learn the secrets behind "The Fright Challenge," "The Transformation Mechanism," and other persuasion tactics used by pitchmen, carneys, and conjurors to convince people to their way of thinking. Along with coauthor Mark Levy, Bauer has taken these ethical, entertainment-based techniques, and has made them practical for everyday use-capable of influencing one person or a thousand, in business and in life.

Joel Bauer (Los Angeles, CA) is an expert in performance-based live marketing who The Wall Street Journal online referred to as "undoubtedly the chairman of the board" of corporate tradeshow rain-making. Mark Levy (Chester, NJ) has written for the New York Times, has authored or coauthored three books, including “The Accidental Genius,” .
 

“How to Persuade People” is not just about selling product, but about selling yourself to your target audience. If you want to improve your ability to be heard, understood, and believed, you might want to check out this book.
Q) When, and how, did you realize you had a passion and gift for salesmanship?
 

A) At six Jack Chanin, a magician in Philadelphia, asked me how much money I had in my pocket, and I said five dollars. And he said “give me your money and I’ll show you what you bought!” That was the beginning of my passion for sales, negotiation and persuasion. I found out from Jack Chanin how to generate the results and then overwhelmingly over deliver. Because what he sold lasted me a lifetime and made me a small fortune. 

Q) “Pitchman” tends to conjure visions of sideshow barkers and fast talking infomercial salesmen. How would you define the term? 

A) A pitchman to me is someone who frames an idea so exquisitely that everyone that hears the proposition, the offer, or the opportunity wants to invest on it or takes specific action. And the thing that’s being offered is worth so much more than the investment being required. 

Q) You’re a father of three. Have your children ever tried to turn your own tools against you, and, did it work? 

A) Absolutely. My children have been to my seminars. One day I was with my daughter and she said to me, “I would love you to buy me that daddy”. I said, “But that’s too expensive”. And she said to me, “Compared to what?” I was shut down; she understood the correct languaging and that no was not an answer by saying ‘compared to what.’ I had to actually have a discussion with her about it. She ended up getting exactly what she wanted and she helped me get what I wanted as well. My children used my language skills, positioning skills, and branding skills in the pursuit of their passions for music dance and theater. 

Q) Why should an entrepreneur/small business owner buy this book?               

A) The reason you’d want to invest in my book is that it will enable you to present yourself in a way that is unforgettable from the first point of contact and to persuade people that normally would be shut down and wouldn’t give you the time of day, and to preserve those new relationships for a lifetime. 

Q) Any parting comments for those considering reading “How to Persuade People”? 

A) Yes. My final call to action for you in life by reading my book, “How to Persuade People Who Don’t Want to Be Persuaded: Get What You Want – Every Time!” http://infotainer.com/infotainer/blog/ , is to realize that once they understand who you are as a friend, as a person who contributes in the world, as a person who makes a difference on the planet in the lives of others. Once they really understand you and believe in you they will invest in whatever opportunity, product or service that you offer.

You need to be understood, you need to be appreciated, and this book will enable you to frame yourself rather magically in a way that is unforgettable.
DA Kentner is an award-winning author. www.kevad.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment