DA Kentner is an award winning author who also enjoys meeting and interviewing authors of many genres.

As author KevaD, my novel "Whistle Pass" won the 2013 EPIC eBook Award for suspense. Previously, in 2012, it won a Rainbow Award in the historical category. "Whistle Pass" is currently out of print, though I'm considering finding a new publisher, or self-publishing the novel. What do you think?

"The Caretaker", a 3,000 word short story, won 'Calliope' magazine's 18th annual short story competition. Click the blue ribbon to view their site and entry rules for this year's short fiction competition.

Friday, May 31, 2013

Motivational Author Shane Jeremy James


Shane Jeremy James started out with a love of reading and a desire to pursue a career in business.
He soon learned he loved working with people. He invested in Canada’s first Curves fitness centers. It wasn’t too long before those centers became some of the most popular in Canada and Shane decided it was time to give some of his success back to the community. One Thanksgiving, he, his manager, and his grandmother delivered over one hundred dinners to families, all at Shane’s personal expense. He then went on a mission to expand the program. It soon became apparent the thriving program would need more money. Shane quickly learned how to raise the necessary funds. Eventually, he connected his Curves locations with local food banks to help feed people year round. 

Shane is a success story on many levels. From community concern and activism to taking a seat on the Board of Directors for the non-profit John Volken Foundation, the one thing that has held true for Shane is that good things can only be accomplished by motivated people. Shane took that idea and began speaking to people about accomplishing their goals. He also decided he needed to lose the weight he’d gained. When he found a method that worked for him, Shane wrote the acclaimed book “Think, Act, Love, Lose Weight.” But, the public kept wanting to know how he had become successful in business. It wasn’t long before he began helping people learn how to network and market…anything. 

Often, it seems a how-to book about achieving business goals is designed for readers with business acumen and a basic understanding of marketing. Shane decided that wasn’t necessarily so and focused on the home-based would-be entrepreneur. He began training average folks in how to develop network and marketing techniques. He also wrote his second book “Prospecting, Closing, and Persuading.” 

Now Shane has released his third book “Networking to Wealth: the Seven Figure Secrets of Network Marketing Multimillionaires.” “Networking to Wealth” is about transforming a home-based business into a competitive presence through network marketing. His principles also apply to established businesses, large and small. According to Shane, every ten seconds a new home-based business starts up in the U.S. That’s a lot of competition. Shane’s goal is to help those folks who want their businesses to attain longevity. The means is through network marketing, and Shane’s ready and willing to share his wealth of knowledge on the subject.

Q) Though off topic, I know readers will wonder how the owner of fitness centers had to find a way to lose weight. So, what happened? 

A) In my early 20's I pioneered the Curves for Women franchises into Canada, opening multiply locations. The business exploded to revenues over $500,000. Yet I found myself 65 pounds overweight, creating balance between my work and relaxation was the cause- that and eating  3 plates of pasta before bed did not help. I was eating emotional trying to deal with enormous business expansion when it led to frustration, anger and stress and feelings of being overwhelmed that came from overwork and needing to let others handle some aspects of my company. It was that learning experience which helped me first create then fine tune systems for business growth and a balanced lifestyle . Now I help network marketers and home-based business owners make millions in business, at the same time finding balance between life and business. That was my inspiration to write Networking to Wealth. 



Q) When and how did you first realize you had developed skills other people could use to improve their businesses? 

A) As a teen I was involved in sports and studying successful peoples biographies and read hundreds of books on business and years of reading Entreperur magazine and asking every successful business owner I met questions on their success and for tips on what I could do in my own company. That reading coupled with my majoring in Business in college taught me specific principals that help someone achieve success and I applied it Multi-Level Marketing.

It came so naturally for me that I thought everyone else knew how to do it, too, and as I grew more businesses, people started asking me for advice and wanted to hire me. That is when I realized I had skills that could help change people's businesses, financial futures.

The first person I helped went from a break-even point in their business to making $25,000 a month in profit. The network marketing business requires overcoming the hurdle of rejection, but in reality rejection is not the problem it's how we deal with rejection. Most people enter the network marketing industry part time, while working a former job. To succeed part-time, usually requires at least seven to ten hours per week. You have to carve out a few hours each day to pursue and achieve your dreams. Recently, I put together an online strategy for a $250 million non-profit organization and am helping a new network marketing company launch into the market place. All of these examples are different businesses, but the principles stay the same.  I found that if someone gets those main principles, you can put them into any business and they will result in increased earnings. 

Q) Though you work with any size company, you focus on helping the small, home-based dreams of success. What sent you in that direction? 

A) Great question. It’s my heart that set me in this direction. Most medium-sized businesses are making some kind of decent profit and can obtain loans from banks, but small businesses and home based businesses have a harder time and definitely need more help. Many are running on a bootstrap budget, and they are either steps away from achieving their goals or a step away from closing the doors. Just as you see on The Dragons Den TV Show, and Shark Tank. It’s exciting knowing that someone can get into network marketing and home-based business for a much smaller investment than a franchise costing hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. Yes people can and have made hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions in Network Marketing. There are thousands of people who started dead broke and are now earning six or seven figure incomes after delving into network marketing and learning the ropes. You have to learn how to communicate, meet your clients’ needs, sell to grow, expand your sales force and wealth becomes the result In Network marketing. Staying focused and positive encouraging those you are training helps you achieve much more.

·         Every 10 seconds someone in the U.S. starts a home-based business.

·         50%: The estimated percentage of American homes that will be involved in the network marketing industry by 2015.

·         82% of people involved in network marketing are women.

·         $59,250: The average annual salary of an American working from home.

·         Over 85% of home-based businesses succeed; compare this to a traditional start-up company, which faces a 95% failure rate during its first five years.

There are approximately 39 million small business owners in the USA now.

Q) What benefit do you believe your instruction can provide small business owners that investing in a marketing or advertising company can’t? 

A) Usually marketing and advertising companies require a significant fee to work with you.. I have been able to figure out how to coach people online for a small amount of money so that they can quickly improve their skills, techniques and increase their revenue.  I have a college education in business and have built million dollar businesses in my twenties.  I’ve implemented everything I teach in my own companies. My advice can definitely save them a massive amount of  money. For instance, I have become an expert on outsourcing. I do hire within Canada, but also have employees from the US, the Philippines, Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan. I show my clients how to outsource online and offline marketing, web development, and administrative tasks.  If you understand how to do this correctly, you can save a lot of money and build your business much faster and generate more profit. If you make money in business, the question on everybody’s mind is “How do I put it back in to make more, and where do I invest it to get the best return?” A small business has  many moving parts, and that is where I come in and teach people every aspect so they truly understand how to make increase their business profits while growing rapidly. 

Q) You’re a busy man. You own and operate businesses, sit on non-profit agency boards, help charities, and still somehow manage a private life. What do you do to recharge your batteries? 

A) That was the reason I moved right beside the ocean. Often I strap on my rollerblades and roll around on our seawall. Exercise is very important in my life, producing extra energy that helps me stay alert and focused and achieve my big goals and  dreams. I also attend church , meditate 30  minutes per day, and spend several hours a week helping others by  working on the Board of Directors with several Canadian business associations. I donate time and resources to numerous charities and serve on the Board of Director for the John Volken Foundation. Eating healthy - lots of organic foods balanced with work and exercise re charges me. In business you are always looking for the extra edge, and time is your most valuable commodity that you cannot get back.  Making sure I spend time with my family and close friends is also very relaxing for me. 

Q) Any parting comments for those thinking about starting a home-based business, and/or established
businesses? 

A) Every industry includes reputable and not-so-reputable companies in its field. Naturally, the same hold true for the Network Marketing industry. There are many successful organizations which follow corporate compliance regulations and have high ethics and standards. On the other end of the spectrum, there are those which lack scruples altogether. The best way to determine the legitimate from the unlawful is to check whether they aim to establish long-term passive income, or if they're just skulking around for the grab-and-go profits. Also look for great network marketing trainers to learn from In my new book Networking to Wealth I have done my best to provide you with the proper tools and strategies to build a great network marketing business.
DA Kentner is an award-winning author www.kevad.net

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment